Currently positions available:
Accounts Payable Clerk
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry
- Data entry of invoices for payment
- Manage the semi-monthly check run
- Prepare vendor checks for mailing
- Prepare manual checks as and when required
- Maintain listing of accounts payable
- Maintain updated vendor files and file numbers
- Liaison with vendors and staff to resolve billing concerns
- Maintains accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and accounts payable files
- Performs filing and copying
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities Required:
General knowledge of accounting and understanding of the general ledger accounts and how they relate to invoices. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must have analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail and a high level of accuracy and the ability to manage projects, tasks and time. Ability to Knowledge of non-profit work environment preferred.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
Microsoft Suite, with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel. Blackbaud – Financial Edge (or other similar accounting package).
Education and Experience Required:
High school diploma or equivalent plus 2-3 years previous experience.
Send resumes to HRWBT@WBTLA.ORG or fax resumes to (213) 355-3396 to apply.