Wilshire Boulevard Temple and its schools are looking for a Videographer to join our communications and marketing team. Video plays an increasingly important role in the way Wilshire Boulevard Temple connects with its congregants, prospective families, and the public, leading the Temple to create this additional position to expand our capacity.
Our ideal candidate maintains their own video and audio recording equipment for field recording, has experience using video editing software, is familiar with video streaming and streaming platforms, and enjoys presenting a complete, polished project on deadline. Candidates with experience in photography and graphic design are preferred.
Ultimately, we are looking for a visual storyteller who combines sight and sound to tell a cohesive story. Our video needs are varied and include music with our cantors and songleaders, interviews and presentations from clergy and guest speakers, programs, profiles, information, and marketing. Depending on the size and nature of the event, you may set up and record footage independently or with a small crew.
Videographer Duties and Responsibilities
● Record video using professional equipment
● Post-production video editing
● Set-up lighting and audio equipment
● Live Stream Events, Services, and Programs
● Maintain equipment
● Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
● Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
Videographer Requirements and Qualifications
● College degree in a relevant field (film studies, cinematography, editing, etc.) is a plus
● A minimum of 1-3 years of experience using professional recording equipment
● Demonstrable ability to light, shoot, record audio, and edit video evidenced with a strong portfolio
● Knowledge of video editing software, including Premiere, Final Cut Pro, and After Effects; Adobe Creative Cloud
● Animation design skills are a plus
● Ability to work independently or on a team
● Technical skills
● Creative thinking and storytelling skills