TODAY AND TOMORROW
Together we have achieved a great accomplishment: the complete renovation and restoration of our historic Sanctuary (click here to see the gorgeous photos)!
We are now moving ahead with the next phase of our project to transform the Erika J. Glazer Family Campus into a vibrant center of Jewish and civic life within the diverse tapestry of our city.
On July 20, 2014, we broke ground for:
- The renovation of our two school buildings to meet the educational needs of our current and future children and families.
- The construction of:
- the brand new Karsh Social Service Center, which will provide an expanded food pantry plus dental and eye care, mental health, legal, and other services for our neighboring community;
- rooftop athletic facilities for our schoolchildren and for our neighbors;
- parking spaces for approximately 450 cars.
- A new landscaped walking artery throughout the campus with shady garden spots to relax and socialize.
While this work continues, our Sanctuary will serve the exciting purpose envisioned for it by its original builders: as a place not only for worship but also for cultural enrichment. Our first cultural events—open to the public--included a lecture by author Malcolm Gladwell and a special engagement by the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra. This is big news for our community, with so much more to follow!
WHAT’S YOUR ROLE?
We are extremely grateful to all those generous donors who have enabled us to come this far. To realize all that comes next, we need you, our congregation and our friends, to help us meet our important goals.
To explore how you can contribute to this transformation, please contact our Development Office for a conversation about making your gift and making Temple history.