There has not been a Selichot quite like this before, remarkable for its beauty and its meaning. On Saturday, September 12, Wilshire Boulevard Temple is joining forces with Sinai Temple, Stephen Wise Temple, and Valley Beth Shalom for a special virtual Selichot experience. The evening begins at 6:30 p.m. with an array of live study sessions conducted by clergy from all four synagogues, including Rabbi Beau Shapiro and Rabbi Joel NIckerson from Wilshire Boulevard Temple. The Selichot service with Rabbi Leder, Cantor Gurney, and Cantor Peicott participating, takes place at 8:30 p.m. and can be seen on our Facebook.
Wilshire Boulevard Temple
- 6:30pm Rabbi Beau Shapiro "Who Will Live? U'netaneh Tokef in the COVID-19 Era" Register here
- 7:30pm Rabbi Joel Nickerson "Wow You're Ugly! A Rabbinic Exploration of Interpersonal Failures" Register here Source Sheet
Valley Beth Shalom
- 6:30pm Rabbi Noah Farkas "The Jewish Love Language" Register here
- 7:30pm Rabbi Joshua Hoffman "Saved Time - Recovering from Missed Opportunities" Register here
- 6:30pm Rabbi Sam Rotenberg "The Trial" Register here
Stephen Wise Temple
- 6:30pm Rabbis Sari Laufer and David Woznica "Who Shall Live? Reflections on the U'netaneh Tokef" Join here
- 7:30pm Rabbis Ron Stern and Josh Knobel "The Sins of the Parents"