Contemporary Issues Through a Jewish Lens - What Do our Jewish Sources Say?
Five Thursdays from 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
A look at what our Jewish sources, both ancient and modern, teach us about some of the most pressing social, political, and religious dilemmas in 2020.
- October 22: Sex, Romance, Courtship, Marriage - How Do We Find True Love? - Rabbi Susan Nanus
- October 29: Our Relationship to Our Planet - What Are Our Obligations? - Rabbi Beau Shapiro
- November 5: Abortion - Permitted or Forbidden? - Rabbi Steve Leder
- November 12: Civil vs Religious Law - Which Takes Priority? - Rabbi David Eshel and Cantor Don Gurney
- November 19: The Idolatry of Social Media: Outer Appearance vs Inner life? - Rabbi Joel Nickerson and Cantor Lisa Peicott
- Fall Programs
- Many Ways