- Recipe Spotlight
WBT@Home Recipe Spotlight: Temple Director Donna Nadel's Tomato and Watermelon Salad
Recipe from NYTimes Cooking
• 4 to 6 large tomatoes, ideally heirloom varieties, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
• 1 small seedless watermelon, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1 cup feta cheese, torn into large crumbles
1. Combine the cubed tomatoes and watermelon in a large, nonreactive bowl and toss gently to combine. Add salt and let stand 5 to 10 minutes while you prepare the dressing.
2. Whisk together the oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add the cheese to the tomatoes and watermelon, then the dressing, and toss gently to combine.